You have a unique child.
You need to find answers, comfort, and direction.
My Unique Child is designed and written by a mom of a special needs child for other parents of unique special children. If your child has been diagnosed with an exceptionality we hope this site gives you important information to understand and help your child to become the wonderful human being that you know they are inside.
Browse My Unique Child to find helpful Information
- Descriptions of Mental Disorders and Medical Diseases/Syndromes are listed.
- Relevant and helpful links can be found on Links page.
- Our Books page lists helpful books on many topics.
- Our Kindle Books page new but expanding weekly with more Kindle Books! *You can read Kindle Books with free apps on your droid or smart phone.
- Our Helpful Articles page features helpful articles on a variety of topics.
- Browse our site to find helpful and Informative Videos.
- Sign our Guestbook please and leave us your story, your tips, or things you'd like to see added to our site.
Cheryl A. Scott, MS is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), published author, and founder of Unique Child Help. As a mom to a unique child she has unique insight and understanding regarding the life of the parent of a child with special needs.
Cheryl continually does research on special topics and writes for several popular websites including factoidz.com, ezinearticles.com, hubpages.com, quazen.com, triond.com and helium.com.
Articles of interest are added weekly. Be sure to check back frequently for new content on many special topics--Feel free to make article requests on the guestbook.